Why Rookie Smarts Trump Experience [podcast]
Bluewire Media was started in 2005 and is based in Sydney and Brisbane. Its founders Toby Jenkins and Adam Franklin have been recognized on Smart Company’s Hot 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs, Dynamic Business’s 2010 Young Guns and write for two of Australia’s Top 25 Business Blogs. They speak regularly around the country on the topic of social media and web strategy.
Highlights in this episode of the podcast, include:
- Not knowing something is more advantageous than knowing, the so called “Rookie Smarts”.
- How Liz spent almost a year of research to formulate the content of the book.
- Why rookie situations can bring out the best thinking and the best work.
- Why veterans are outperformed by rookies when work is innovative in nature.
- How to be a perpetual rookie.
- Traits of a perpetual rookie.
- Why newbies can inspire you with their energy.
- How accepting challenges brings out the "best" work you can perform.
- How to build your capability when you put yourself in the rookie state.
Click to listen to the full 60 minute podcast: 049_-_Liz_Wiseman__Why_Rookie_Smarts_Trump_Experience.mp3
Originally aired October 18th, 2014